Dear Future Wife, Meet The Lady Sarcasmia.

02:46

No one is useless world who lightens the burdens of another – Charles Dickens




Dear Future Wife,

Today I want to introduce you to your biggest fan. Yes. This one can worry me for Africa! Hei! She's been dying to meet you and cannot wait. She is another sister of mine though from another mother. 
Nne, 'Mezie m' she's come to always call me. Well, don't be scared for that is how loving and kind she is. She is. Today I have decided to you another of my female bosses. This one no dey let me rest until we get the best done.

Deeply intuitive, highly creative, soft spoken , camera shy yet stunningly beautiful, kind hearted, cool, no nonsense wife and Mother, these are the words that describes  Onome Akinlolu Majaro Managing Co-founder of the Onome Akinlolu Majaro Foundation. She is a Unilag and University of Swansea Alumna with degrees in communications.


Babym, it was Khalil Gibran who who once wrote "Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being.This statement is so powerful because it also describes what Onome is doing with the |OAM Foundation it is so amazing to see how much we can do when little is done with so much passion and dedication


















I first got in touch with Onoms and indeed OAM Foundation when my *Unusual Nnewi Babe*, Joy Oluchi Eneghalu sent me a link to an article she wrote on Bella Naija around June last year. I saw a picture of a beautiful lady with Albinism with her husband and a cute baby. I clicked on the OAM link, it took me to the website. I read through and loved it. I checked them on Facebook and saw the #BeyondTheComplexion campaign.

Around that time I had this interview with Dunn Eustace then Senior Online Editor at Naij.com he had titled the article *Meet the Albino whose impact goes beyond Nigeria* that article trended globally and was syndicated in more than one hundred sites and blog across the world (a simple Google search can confirm).

So I shared the link on the Facebook page, she read, reached out to me via Facebook, requested that I write an article for OAM, I did titled *Sunshine, Melanin and the Albino's Dream of Disability?* that article received rave comments and that was how I accepted an offer to become OAM's Ambassador for PR.

Since then, we have had an amazing experience sharing our stories and helping to change the Albinism Narrative in Nigeria and the world.

Onome and I have become family. Through I have had stronger ties with the members of her family both immediate and extended and together, within the past two years, OAM has done great!  From our celebrating the International Albinism Awareness Day #IAAD17, we gave out free glasses to PWAs in LUTH last month. 

Come November 26, we shall be premiering #BeyondTheComplexion the first episode of a series of our short film that chronicles the lives of PWAs who continue to defy the odds and break biases, smashing stereotypes. #BTCtheMovie is in partnership with Ada Ossai Productions.




But today, October 25, 2017 is all about Onoms. Today Onome, whose marriage to Akinlolu Majaro received wide media publicity a year older. I have so much to say about this amazing lady who goes all out to make others comfortable. She has continued to defy the odds when it comes to writing a new chapter for Persons With Albinism.

She has given many hope, helped even more to re-evaluate their lives, see themselves for who they truly are, and indeed made many PWAs have faith in themselves again. The late Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said "The difference between the love of a man and the love of a woman is that a man will always give reasons for loving, but a woman gives no reasons for loving."  Apart from being beautiful, industrious and enduring, women are delicate, delectable, dependable and of course, demanding. Yes this one can demand for almost the impossible when it comes to designing, planning and executing projects.



Haha!

But you see, when you find the right woman; the true companion, then you truly would understand what it means when the Bible says *he who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord*. If na lie ask Akinlolu Majaro But of course, men take their time to find their women, for some the women cross their parts, for others, Providence bring them their way while for a minute few, the women actually work up to them (I love this category).

Onome Okagbare Akinlolu is an amazing woman, an angel among men, one who isn't her hair, her skin colour, but the soul that lives within. She's a wife, a mother, daughter, and role model and mentor to many Albinos out there.

She's won my heart and now I am an #albyactivist.

Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu MajaroOnome encourages us to look #beyondthecomplexion because she believes just as I do that Albinism isn't a form of disability; she continues to help many people living with Albinism to thrive better in a world filled with stigmas, discrimination and hate.

I call her The Lady Sarcasmia! Don’t ask me what it means, just enjoy the pictures and say a prayer for her on my behalf. She deserves every smile, good wish you can offer. Today she turns 27! I celebrate this #AlbyChampion and fellow #albyactivist

 Happy birthday Madam Co-Founder and Co-Producer!

Cheers to your future!


More pictures

Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro



Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro

Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro
Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro
Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro
Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro
Image result for Images of Onome Akinlolu Majaro
OjisiEmezie

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments