9 Piece of Advice to my Younger Self

00:13

Image result for images someone writing on the board


"Life is a function of values, values is determined by sacrifice. What you need become become is based on what you place values on." Anon


Last night, why I was with some friends after work, another friend of mine sent me a message asking what advice would you give to your younger self?

I thought briefly and then all the values I held came rushing in my head. So I wrote th bullet points to her and now, I am adding the short notes so you all can benefit. 

SO here are the 9 advice to my younger self;

*Take risks.*
I wish I took more growing up. Yes I did, but I wish I took more. To my younger self take more!

*Seek opportunities.*
At all times, seek opportunities, don't wait for it to come to you.

*Learn! Relearn! Unlearn*
You cannot get enough of learning, it sets you apart from the lazy mind.

*Learn to Participate. Participate to Learn.*
You can't win if you don't play. If you do not buy the ticket, you cannot win the lottery. Show up!

*Learn. Serve. Socialize.*
While learning, give yourself in service to God and man. Bless your community with the gifts, skills and talents God has provided you with; whilst at it, enjoy your time.

*Connect with those who are smarter than you.*
Reach out to people above you, get their connect, join professional groups and benefit from hundreds of years of experience in one forum.

*Love with all your heart!*
Give your heart to love. Love without holding back. Give no reason for loving. There are benefits.

*Prepare for what you pray for*
Don't just pray, prepare and position yourself for the manifestations of that prayer!

*Live full. Die empty.*
When you do all these, and it is time to go meet your maker, the words of Erma Bombeck will be most apt to describe your legacy.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'."

Thanks *Gifty Nti Konadu* helping me take this journey back in time.

OjisiEmezie

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments