NKEM's MUSINGS: OFFICE PRAYER WARRIOR

12:09

MyMUSINGS DAY 4

My ride back home today was rather uneventful. I think I might have napped a bit sef. Earlier today, a close friend asked me why things can't just be simple with me. "Common to go back home "jejely" with BRT bus, nooo! You have to turn it into Festac BRT Bus Revelation Ministries". She says it with a poker face but still we both laugh hard. Well, nothing was revealed in the bus today. The small witch must have jinxed it.

Nevertheless…

Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings before 8am at work are prayer times. For a well recognized financial institution, this is pretty remarkable. Everyone take turns to lead in the prayer sessions and even the Muslims join us to pray!

Today I request that the Recovery Manager lead us and he makes a face. "Bros, abeg are you quarreling with Jesus?" I ask him. He starts to make a string of excuses why he can't lead that morning. I'm nodding trying to follow each reason but the truth is I still don’t get it. I try to encourage him that the fact he's in the mood funk he's in is the main reason why he should give thanks. We are still talking but I move towards the reception to beckon on the others signing in.

Our office assistant hears me and immediately exclaims " Miss Nkem, I will pray today o, I'm in the spirit" Ha! This young man is known for his marathon prayers and we need to keep it pretty short today because we were starting a bit late. I nod towards him while pointing to my wrist watch. He gets my message and smiles with his head to the ground.

Then the prayer starts.

15 minutes later, we are still praying.

For some reason, I look up and find one of my colleagues laughing with her eyes closed. I make a mental note to ask her about her "karashika" attitude later. This young man prayed o. 30 minutes later and our office assistant finally releases us with the grace.

.
Back on my seat, I'm thinking. I know God wants to ask, seek and knock. He wants us to come to Him with different prayers and requests and supplication with thanksgiving. Still, I think the most important factor is praying according to His will. I strongly feel that if something was not meant to be, if something isn't according to God's will for you, it might not just come to pass. It doesn’t matter how long you pray or how loud you scream or how many "Amens" you shout out per minute. It just won't come to pass. Even the greatest prayer of all time, the Lords prayer recognizes this. "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Our guy probably knows this well and so he concludes with asking that God let us live out what He has planned.

For me, this is indeed the prayer above all prayers.

1 John 5:14-15 - This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Nkem

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments