NKEMS MUSINGS: AKA AKA YA...

12:01

MyMUSINGS  DAY 7

I am still "bus-lagged" from my missionary journey to Ikorodu yesterday. My knees feel wobbly and knuckles won't stop cracking. I sleep all morning with the intention of attending the evening mass and tell my mother so, that I would be going for the evening mass when she asks me about church today. She rolls her eyes at me and I am reminded why I love to roll my own eyes. To her, evening mass is "old people's mass" and I agree with her. I am mentally old.  Besides the evening mass in my parish has more young folk in attendance. It might as well be the remodeled youth mass.

This song is one of my favorite Igbo songs and when it is sung by the officiating priest during consecration at mass, I am in seventh heaven.

Aka Aka ya, Aka Jesus na'eme mma
Olu ebube ya, nke Na eruari na'ebem no
Isi iyi nke ndu, nke na dighi ata'ta
Aka Aka ya, Aka Jesus na'eme mma.

For my non-Igbo people, don’t worry I will explain. This song simply talks about the arm of the Lord doing great things. That the display of God's splendor can be seen all around me. It praises God as the stream of life that never runs dry and concludes by talking about the arm of the Lord that does great things.

I really don’t know how to explain the greatness of God, infact my whole lifetime won't be enough to even "get it". All I know how to do now is just rest in the knowledge that my "Abba" is in charge of the heavens, the earth and all who live in it.

I imagine a Father who doesn't sleep nor slumber, He's always waiting up for me. I imagine a Father who walks with me hand in hand with his rod and staff that bring me comfort, who dem be to come waylay me, where dem even dey sef, abi dem no dey look face?

I envision a Father who throws a serious turn-up party for me with my haters all in attendance but I'm dancing like no one's watching. I think about a Father who just loves to bless me every second of every minute in all hours of the day that turn to weeks, months and form the years of my life.

There's really no need for me to envision this, I have Him for real and so do you!

Let us hold on to God's word so His promises can come true. In this lifetime, this is the only way to really experience (to an extent) the greatness of the arm of the Almighty.

Job 26:14 - And these are but the outer fringe of His works; how faint the whisper we hear of Him! Who then can understand the thunder of His power?

Nkem

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments